Immigration Migrate to Australia

3 important visas you must know to get sponsored by your child to migrate to Australia Permanently

Last Updated on November 12, 2021 by Christie McEnzie

Has your child been living in Australia for a long time as its Permanent Resident and he/she has now decided to bring you as his / her dependant parents to Australia? Asking you to become Australian citizenship to live a modern and comfortable retired life? What an exciting thought to have, right?

There are several different types of parent visas, with various time frames and requirements. Let’s take a look at all three Australian migration visas, involving parents, that can lead to migrating you as dependant parents of your permanent resident child in Australia under family sponsorship scheme.

Australian Parent category visas

On the off chance that you meet the requirements underneath, you might be able to apply for a parent visa:

  • your child has been living honestly in Australia all through the past 2 years
  • you have support (presumably your youth)
  • you should meet the criteria for the Balance of Family Test
  • you can meet the prosperity and character necessities

Parent class visa can empower you to:-

  • be a temporary occupant in Australia for up to 10 years (870 visa-doesn’t require meeting equality of family test)
  • get you Australian unchanging residency

Contributory Parent visa (Subclass 143)

This visa empowers you to enter and live in Australia as a Permanent Resident. To be equipped with this visa, you must:

  • Be outside of Australia when DOHA decides your application
  • Meet the balance-of-family test, unless you are applying for the Retirement Pathway
  • Be the parent of a youth (standard, grasped or stepchild) who is a settled Australian occupant, settled enduring occupant or settled qualified New Zealand, inhabitant
  • Have at any rate half of their youths forever living in Australia
  • Have a bigger number of adolescents living forever in Australia than some other country

This visa allows you, to migrate along with a mate and ward family members to:

  • Work and the move in Australia
  • Live as immutable occupants in Australia uncertainly
  • Bolster additional possibility for the unchanging home
  • Apply for Australian citizenship, subject to the residency capability criteria
  • Sponsor eligible members of your family to enter and live in Australia
  • Get financed human administrations through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
  • Travel to and from Australia for quite a while, from the date the visa is permitted

However, you will need an Assuror of Help. This individual, by and large, your kin, must be agreed or available to give cash related assistance to you, to your mate and to your ward family members. This ensures you don’t need to rely upon the Australian government support for quite a while.

Contributory Parent visa (Subclass 173)

This visa empowers you to enter Australia and live in the country, temporarily, for up to two years. To be equipped for this, you must:

  • Be living outside of Australia
  • Be sponsored by an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, Australian Permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Meet the balance-of-family test

This visa allows you to:-

Parent Visa (Subclass 103)

This visa empowers you to enter and live in Australia, permanently, along with your children as a Permanent Resident. To be equipped for this visa, you must:

  • Be outside of Australia when DOHA decides on your application
  • Be the parent of a child – ordinarily or by law – who is a settled Australian occupant, settled constant occupant or settled qualified New Zealand, inhabitant.
  • Have on any occasion your half children staying in Australia for forever.

This visa allows you to:-

  • Stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
  • Sponsor your eligible family members to come to Australia
  • Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
  • Apply for a Parent visa (subclass 103) as a retiree
Avatar for Christie McEnzie

By Christie McEnzie

At we provide up-to-date news on all things related to migrating, studying, working, visiting and settling in Australia and New Zealand through our website, blog, social media accounts, handles, pages, forums, notifications; through our community forums, and through our email updates.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *