Last Updated on January 31, 2020 by Christie McEnzie
Australia, the largest country in Oceania, has quickly become one of the favorite places to pursue higher studies. It has been estimated by the International Education Advisory Board that by 2020 there will be an increase of 30% in the number of international students in Australia. The most probable reasons to study in Australia of this could be the high standard of education imparted by renowned educational institutions such as RMIT University, UTS, Melbourne University, Macquarie University, etc.
Along with this, the multicultural environment sloppy way of living also attracts students from across the globe. There are so many undeniable facts that prove why Australia is becoming an educational hub for international students. However, the point that cannot be ignored is the thing that Australia is considered to be having, by far, a few of the world’s most expensive cities, such as Sydney, to live for International Students.
But not to worry, here we have a list of 5 towns in Australia that are Pocket-friendly. Let’s go through it one by one and the reason why students need to move to Australia.
Top Places for every International Students to live and study in Australia
If an international student is willing to look beyond the list of fascinated cities, which includes cities like Sydney and Melbourne, then he might find places that are quite affordable.
One of the cities that top the list of economic cities of Australia is the Gold Coast. You can enjoy as well as study at the same time.
Gold Coast has no shortage of places for enjoyment like restaurants, bars, beaches, cafes, and it is full of natural attractions. The most important thing is that the Gold Coast is known for its quality of education and the right place to get your life in Australia over time.
- Bond University is situated in the Gold Coast.
- Bond University has Australia’s highest rating when it comes to graduate satisfaction as a whole.
- This amazing University also has campuses for Griffith University and South Cross University. These two universities are an affordable option for international students because they are less costly.
- Talking about off-campus accommodation, there are plenty of affordable options. A student can opt for a shared house, or they can look for an e-state flat that can be used by sharing.
International Students who have deep desires to live in the most lavish cities of Australia but cannot because they cannot afford the expenses. For such Students, Wollongong is the best option because of its close proximity to Sydney approx. 80kms.
Wollongong is one of the lively places around the world. Its beautiful beaches and the city center are the centers of attraction.
- The University of Wollongong is one of the modern universities which gives a ton of specialized degrees for the students to master.
- The University of Wollongong is one of the top universities in Australia.
- This university offers a lot of comprehensive programs, holds international research reputation
- The University of Wollongong has very high graduate employment rates.
- Living wages are quite affordable in Wollongong.
- You can take the help of websites such as Gumtree if you want to live in a shared flat. They also help you to fetch some second-hand furniture.
- There is a free bus service which operates between the university and the city center.
Hobart is one of the cheapest places to live in for International university students. Hobart is the capital of the second oldest state in Australia, Tasmania.
Well, Hobart is specifically an excellent place for students who want to only concentrates on his studies. This place is far from any distraction, and its natural beauty is of great help for students to focus.
- Hobart is home to the University of Tasmania.
- The University of Tasmania ranks among the top 10 universities in Australia.
- This University hugely populates with students from abroad. Everyone out of the five students here is from overseas.
- Hobart is considered to be the cheapest city in Australia for international students.
- There is no serious shortage of student accommodation in Hobart.
Of all the cities in Australia, Adelaide is considered to be the cheapest city to live irrespective of the whole added fact whether you are an Australian or a foreigner.
Adelaide is considered to be the food and wine capital of Australia.
Adelaide has a unique layout and is full of green atmosphere, beautiful beaches, and scenic beauty. Living cost in Adelaide is quite affordable for International Students. Also, you get essential commodities of life in Adelaide at a very pocket-friendly price.
- Adelaide is home to three universities:
- The University of Adelaide.
- The University of South Australia.
- Flinders University.
- The University of Adelaide ranks among the top 1% of the universities worldwide.
- Adelaide has an excellent cost-effective transportation system that connects the whole city around and makes it convenient for students to travel.
- The cost of accommodation is relatively smaller in Adelaide than in other metropolitan cities in Australia.
Brisbane is one of the most affordable cities in Australia. It is relatively more affordable for international students living in Australia. It is the capital of Queensland, which is the third-largest state in Australia.
Brisbane is liked by many of the International Students because of the affordability factor. It has a lot of things that attract the students, and its pleasant subtropical climate and a wide range of entertainment things are quite a few things that top among the list.
- Brisbane is also home to three major Universities.
- The Queensland University of Technology.
- The University of Queensland.
- Griffith University
- Out of all these, Griffith University accepts a maximum number of students from abroad.
- Brisbane is a well-connected city in terms of public transportation.
- There are lots of cycle paths in the city, which makes it quite convenient for the students to travel in and around the city.
- All the students mostly live in and around Suburbs because of the teaching facilities which are being provided there.
- Accommodation cost is quite affordable in Brisbane.
Choosing the one which fits your lifestyle
This was the list of the five most affordable city in Australia to live in for International students. However, there are several other cities, but these five ranks top among the list.
These 5 cities are chosen since they have an easy way to migrate to Australia.