Last Updated on November 12, 2021 by Christie McEnzie
New Zealand is one of the destination countries for immigrants; this country has ample opportunities for skilled immigrants. This New Zealand skilled immigration points calculator is designed by New Zealand immigration authorities. You should submit the right visa application and choose which visa is suitable for your skills.
New Zealand offers different types of visas for immigrants, but we are going to discuss here only skilled immigration and what are the points required, how to apply for the visa.
What are the Main Requirements for New Zealand skilled immigration points?
All the Applicants should aware of the New Zealand Skilled Immigration Points Calculator and how they will get good points. New Zealand immigration system calculated based on these criteria
- A job offer from New Zealand
- English language proficiency
- Spouse job offer,
- Spouse qualification,
- Relatives in New Zealand, and
- Family members in New Zealand
Aware of the New Zealand Skilled Immigration Points Calculator, you should know the below important factors before you going to apply New Zealand Skilled migration:-
- Good character.
- Good Health.
- Age should be 20 to 55 years.
- Good knowledge of English
How to calculate your points for New Zealand Skilled Immigration?
You MUST pass IELTS or other equivalent tests with a score of 6.5 points.
Based on the age group you will get different points.
|20 to 29||30|
|30 to 39||25|
|40 to 44||20|
|45 to 49||10|
|50 to 55||5|
Different work experiences have different points:-
- For 2 years experience, you will get 10 points
- For 4 years experience, you will get 15 points
- For 6 years experience, you will get 20 points
- For 8 years experience, you will get 25 points
- For 10 years experience, you will get 30 points
Note:- One more important thing here
- Bachelor degree holders require minimum 2 years experience
- Master degree holders require minimum 1 year of experience
- Bachelor or Graduate Diploma holders require minimum 4 years experience
Different education levels have different points. Check the below list:-
- Doctorate or masters degree holders will get 60 points
- Bachelor’s degree holders will get 50 points
- Diploma or trade qualification holders will get 40 points
For your family members or close relatives living in New Zealand, you will get 10 points.
Current Employment or Offer of Employment
- If you are currently working in a skilled job in New Zealand and you have 1 year or above 1-year work experience then you will get 60 points
- If you are currently working in a skilled job in New Zealand and you have below 1-year experience, then you will get 50 points
- If you have a job offer in New Zealand, then you will get 50 points too
If you get an employment offer or are currently employed in New Zealand in any of the mentioned Skilled Jobs then you will be eligible for bonus skilled immigration points:-
- Spouse/ Partner has a job offer or skilled job, the applicant will get 20 points.
- You will get 10 points In an area of absolute skills shortage or future growth area
What are the Benefits of New Zealand Skilled Immigration?
New Zealand skilled immigration is the best option to stay permanently in the country.
- You will get all benefits of what the New Zealand citizen hold.
- Your children at the age of 24(dependent) and your spouse are also eligible to apply for residence applications
- You are eligible to study, work and live in New Zealand.
- You get all the New Zealand citizen benefits.
- You are eligible to apply education and health care system.
- You are complete 12 months as a permanent resident in NewZealand you are eligible for the vote.