Last Updated on November 12, 2021 by Christie McEnzie
Are you interested to study abroad in New Zealand to get that feel of the student diversity? Would you like to know the different types of New Zealand student visa it offers?
No doubt, New Zealand is the best place to study as it provides high-quality education and unique culture, good and natural environment. And, that’s the reason why it attracts so many international students worldwide especially from Asian countries of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, etc.
Do you know when you search for the ‘Happiest Country in the world’, New Zealand will come on the list?
New Zealand provides different types of student visas for international students.
Studying in New Zealand could be the best experience of your life. And, if you want to study in New Zealand, you need a student visa.
Here we discuss different types of New Zealand student visas that are available for you to apply to study in New Zealand, how to apply for these students visas, and what are the student visa application requirements:-
What are different types of Student Visas in New Zealand?
The government of New Zealand introduces different types of student visas and they are completely based on your requirements i.e how long you want to stay, the type of courses you want to study, etc.
If you want to study for more than 3 months then you should apply for a student visa.
Below are the main 4 types of student visas to study in New Zealand:-
- Fee-Paying Student Visa.
- Exchange Student Visa.
- Foreign Government Supported Student Visa.
- Pathway Student Visa.
1. Fee-Paying Student Visa to study in New Zealand
This visa allows you to study full-time for 4 years and allows you to work part-time.
2. Exchange Student Visa to study in New Zealand
Under this visa, you can study full-time for up to 4 years for an approved exchange student program.
3. Foreign Government Supported Student Visa to study in New Zealand
Under this visa holders are eligible to apply for scholarships or loans to a foreign government, and the course duration is full-time for 4 years.
4. Pathway Student Visa to study in New Zealand
What all requirements do you need to meet before applying for student visas in New Zealand?
Before you apply for a New Zealand student visa, you should be aware of a few things.
- You must check and submit the required documents
- You must select the course you want to study in New Zealand
- You must decide if you are able to work part-time as a student on your selected course and visa
- You must show the proof for enough money for studying and living in New Zealand
- You must select the course which is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) or Ministry of the institute for the studies
- Your age must be above 18 years
- Your Passport must be valid 3 months after the day you want to leave for New Zealand
What are the required documents for the New Zealand Student visa process?
The required documents are as below:-
- 2 recent passport size photographs
- A valid passport is required
- The student acceptance letter from New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
- Return tickets to your country
- Privious degree/diploma certificates, and mark sheets
- Visa application form
- Student Visa Application Fee
- If you have taken a study loan or scholarship, then the loan sanction letter
- Bank statements showing your worth to study and live in New Zealand for entire duration of the course
- English proficiency test IELTS Score or equivalent test score
- Character certificate (police clearance certificate)
- Medical Certificates
- Work experience certificates, if you are working
- Fill the document carefully
- You should submit original certificates to the visa processing centre
- Don’t submit fake certificates for your student visa
What is the New Zealand Student visa process?
First, you must keep all the required documents along with you, and the application process has 2 types; online application and paper application.
Online application process for New Zealand student visa
If you want to go for the online application process:-
- Create a new account for student visa application in New Zealand immigration online service.
- Fill in all the details in the application form and submit the required documents and photographs.
Before you submit your visa application you must check carefully and submit it.
Paper application process for New Zealand student visa
- Download the visa application form from the internet
- Read the download form well
- Fill all the fields carefully
- Attach all the required documents, photographs, and application fees.
Finally, you submit your application to the New Zealand immigration office.