Last Updated on August 18, 2021 by Christie McEnzie
New Zealand will introduce a new Accredited Employer work visa and associated accreditation standards on November 1st, 2021.
This visa was announced in 2019, and New Zealand will introduce a streamlined single visa process.
Companies must be hiring workers on the AEWV (new Accredited Employer Work Visa) rules.
The immigration minister said the changes are good to support a future economy that is less relying on lower-salary temporary workers, raising skills and infrastructure, and increasing the skill levels of immigrants.
This simplified visa process is very easy to fill genuine skills shortages and streamlining labor market tests for high salary jobs.
AEWV will give more confidence to immigrants about the visa process and the job they are coming to New Zealand for.
What is New Zealand’s Accredited Employer Work Visa?
In this new system, accreditation of the companies will be followed by a job check – to confirm the job salaries, to align with the market rate, and to comply with employment laws.
To be introduced on November 1st, 2021
Companies will be able to apply for accreditation from late September 2021. The new visa will be introduced on November 1st, 2021.
New Accredition Standards
Employers must show the new accreditation standards, and must not have any recent history of regulatory non-compliance with immigration and employment laws.
Registered with Inland Revenue and must hold NZBN
Companies are honestly operating businesses, including being registered with Inland Revenue, and holding an NZBN (New Zealand Business Number).
Employment modules and immigrant worker rights
New Zealand has also planned to reduce the risk of exploitation by completing the employment modules and by giving guidance to immigrant workers on their rights.
Additional rules to get accredited
Employers and franchisees who want to hire immigrants on AEWV (Accredited Employer Work Visa) with third parties, like (labor-hire companies) will need to follow the additional rules to get accredited.
Streamlined steps for visa application procedure
New Zealand government will introduce streamlining steps to the job visa application procedure (such as relocating the application procedure online) yet might also introduce stricter needs for foreign nationals (such as higher academic or experience demands and also more stringent labor market testing for job visa applicants) in order to support companies and also address skills shortages.
What are the Accredited Employer Work Visa Details?
This visa is for people who are trying to find a path to reside in New Zealand, as well as that, have a skill that’s required by a New Zealand certified company.
- If a recognized employer offers you a full-time job, you’ll have the ability to obtain a visa to function right here.
- If you continue to benefit that employer for 2 years, you’ll have the ability to apply to live in New Zealand completely.
- You can’t consist of a partner or reliant kids in your job visa application, however they can apply for visas based upon their partnership to you.
A closer look at the AEWV
- Three-step procedure. Companies seeking to get the brand-new AEWV will certainly need to undertake 3 steps: Company Certification; work market screening and the visa application appropriate.
- Period and extent of certification. Employers will be given a first Employer Accreditation of as much as one year with subsequent renewals of as much as 24 months, which may either be a Basic Accreditation (sponsorship of as much as five international nationals) or a High-Volume Certification (sponsorship for 6 international nationals or more).
- New Company Accreditation required. Under the brand-new visa, companies will certainly be able to obtain Employer Accreditation around September 2021 (the federal government has not yet confirmed the exact due date). Although existing certified employers may remain to obtain visas under the current regulations (legitimate up until October 31, 2021), all accredited employers should send brand-new Employer Accreditation applications under the new program if they seek to obtain the brand-new AEWV by November 1, 2021.
- Work visa credibility. International nationals that will certainly be paid at or over the average wage will still be given a visa legitimacy of approximately 3 years, while those paid below the mean wage will be approved a visa validity of up to twelve month (up from only 6 months formerly) under the new AEWV with expansions available. Current job visas will continue to be valid up until their expiry date if all employment conditions are satisfied.
Which other work visas will be replaced by New Zealand’s new Accredited Employer Work Visa?
Reliable November 1, 2021, New Zealand will present a brand-new Accredited Company Work Visa (AEWV) process to change the following existing short-lived work visa procedures (not consisting of the Particular Purpose Work Visa):-
Ability (Recognized Company) Job Visa;
Important Skills Function Visa;
Essential Abilities Function Visa– Authorized in Concept;
Long-term Skill Shortage Checklist (LTSSL) Job Visa;
Silver Fern Work Browse Visa; and
Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa.